Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Cheap alternative to the AG doll trunks? GREAT find! **UPDATED** with pictures!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    UPDATED to let you know that I was wrong before and that the doll DOES infact fit in the trunk! I posted pictures below of her in it.


    I found this old fashioned tool box at lowes today for $50 .It should hold a LOT of Ag *stuff* [img]wink.gif[/img] it won't hold a doll though but since I sit the dolls on a shelf or dd puts them in her home made by g-ma ag bunk bed then thats fine with us

    So what do you think?

    Let me know if you'd like to see more pics of it. I put Samantha in 1 of the pictures so you could better gage the size of it.


    b7ea019e
    afc1c261
    398ca7e5

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ November 09, 2005 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Homemommie ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ November 09, 2005 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Homemommie ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 13, 2005 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Homemommie ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is very nice.Great price too!I wish I had a Lowes store around here.Oh well!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! I want one!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh that's pretty! It reminds me of Kit's.

    I bought a big ol' trunk at Ben Franklin Crafts last year. It's nice and big, probably slightly larger than yours, but with no drawers (which works perfectly for how I store my items).

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ~~~~CORRECTION~~~~

    The doll DOES fit in the trunk! My Dd just informed me that I was wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img] and that she DOES infact fit in the trunk! The only draw back is that you have to turn her head to the side or else her nose might rub against the lid [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Here are some pictures of her in the trunk before closeing the lid AND of her peeking out as we are closing the lid LOL

    alyssa056

    alyssa057

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Neat find! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! That was a much better deal than the AG trunks! I bought a trunk almost EXACTLY like Sam's a few years ago at Toys 'R' Us. Guess how much??? $30!!! It is exactly like Samantha's on the inside and outside, except the outside color on Sam's is darker. I wonder if they have those tool boxes at our Lowes... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ninasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so neat!!! I wish they made the trunk a little deeper for the doll.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so neat!!! I wish they made the trunk a little deeper for the doll.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah that would be neat but since we dont plan to store her in there then it's fine for us ... I was thrilled to find out that she CAN fit in there (with her head tilted to the side) so that if by chance we ever needed to then we COULD put her in there [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad she fits in.Now to find a lowes in my area........

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •